Asawari Music Foundation was established in the year 2013 in the memory of Asawari Jacob a talented 15-year-old who strived to discover her own musical abilities.
“OUTPERFORMERS” is the marquee activity conducted by the foundation in collaboration with The Majolly Music Trust. This is an annual Western Vocal competition. This showcase of talent where the participants are expected to outperform not only their peers but also their examination level.
The event also recognises and rewards exceptional talent in any format (vocal or instrumental) by the way of a one-year scholarship.
Preliminary rounds will be held online. Home-made videos (of good quality – no studio recordings please) can be sent to: [email protected] before August 31st 2017, out of which 40 semi-finalists will be chosen, from all categories.
The Semi-Finals will take place on October 7th 2017 and October 8th 2017 (Grand Finale) at the Alliance Française de Bangalore.
Since its inception, the competition has continuously raised the bar in terms of number of participants, quality of participants and reach of its presence. This national level competition is open to participants aged upto and including 18.
We hope that you will encourage your students to be part of this exciting competition, as our aim is not just to provide a platform for competing in Western Vocals, but also to encourage, support talent and camaraderie amongst aspiring singers of the future.
- Music theatre vocal
- Scholarship-vocal or instrumental
- Participants must be a resident of India.
- Participants age as on October 1st 2017 upto and including age 18 years.
- Open Category age as on October 1st 2017 upto and including age16 years.
- Participants must have completed a vocal exam from ABRSM/TRINITY/LCM in 2016/2017 and will need to outperform their examination level. (Not applicable for Open Category).
- Scholarship category – Musical talent, (vocal or instrumental) age upto 21 years and a challenging financial background. An interview and audition is essential to be considered for the scholarship. Please send in a bio, your area of study, home recording of capability and what you hope to achieve musically. Beginners or those who are planning to start music classes are NOT eligible.
- National winner for each category (Classical, Music Theatre and Pop/Jazz): Cash prize of INR 50,000/-, trophy and certificate of merit.
- National winner for Open Category: INR 25,000/-, trophy and certificate of merit.
- National runner up (Classical, Music Theatre and Pop/Rock/Jazz & Open category): INR 10,000/-, Trophy and certificate of merit.
- Finalists (Other than winner and runner up): INR 5,000/- and certificate of participation.
- Semi-finalist (not selected for the grand finale): INR 2,500/- and certificate of participation.
- National scholarship winner: INR 50,000/- trophy and certificate of merit. The scholarship amount will be paid directly to the music school/teacher towards the fees for 2018.
- All the prizes will be awarded during the finale at Bangalore.
- All other participants will be sent a certificate of participation by post.
Closing date for registration and submission of online recording: August 31st 2017. Selected participants will be intimated by email latest by September 15th 2017.
WhatsApp : +91 9443333012