Asawari Music Foundation was established in the year 2013 in the name and memory of a 15-year-old child who unsuccessfully fought a rare form of leukemia.
The marquee activity conducted by the foundation in collaboration with The Majolly Music Trust is an annual western vocal competition. This showcase of talent where the participants are expected to outperform not only their peers but also their examination level has been christened “Outperformers”. The event recognizes and rewards exceptional talent and also helps in their musical journey by the way of a one-year scholarship.
This national level competition is open to participants aged upto and including 18.
Since its inception, the competition has continuously raised the bar in terms of number of participants, quality of participants and reach of its presence. With the 4th edition of the event, we felt it to be prudent to approach educational institutes focused on wholesome learning to nominate their students for an opportunity to be declared as an “Outperformer”.
This year, we plan to have preliminary rounds in
- Chennai on September 17th
- Kochi on September 24th
- Bangalore on September 30th
The grand finale will be held in Bangalore on the 1st of October.
A total of 18 finalists will be selected for the grand finale, two from each city and each category (Western Classical/Music Theatre and Pop/Jazz).
The competition rules have been detailed in the subsequent pages.
We hope that you will encourage your students to be part of this exciting competition, as our aim is not just to provide a platform for competing in Western Vocals, but also to encourage and support talent and camaraderie amongst aspiring singers of the future.
- Participants must be a resident of India
- Participants must be upto and including the age of 18 years
- Participants must have completed a vocal exam from ABRSM/TRINITY/LCM in 2015/2016 and will need to outperform their examination level.
- National winner for each category (Classical, Music Theatre and Pop/Jazz): Cash prize of INR 50,000/-, trophy and certificate of merit
- National runner up: Trophy and certificate of merit
- City finalists(x6): Cash prize of INR 5000/- and certificate of participation
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to all participants.
- All the rewards will be awarded during the finale at Bangalore.
- The three categories of vocals will be Classical, Music Theatre and Pop/Jazz.
- Registration fee of INR 500/- in the form of a demand draft, and a passport photograph along with a photo id proof and examination certificate needs to be submitted with the application form.
- The application form along with the required documents should be sent to 003 Oakland, 114 Ulsoor Road, Bangalore-560042.
- Closing date for registration is September 1st
- Selected participants will be intimated by email latest by 7th September 2016.
- Candidates who are relatives/students of the judges will not be allowed to participate.
- Winners from the previous year will not be allowed to participate for a period of one year.
- Each participant will be allowed to perform one song.
- There will be a microphone and a keyboard (for self-accompaniment or an accompanist), and a DVD player for a backing track.
- Please specify your requirements a week before the event.
- The participant coming to take part from cities other than Bangalore would have to make their own travel and stay arrangements.
- By enrolling for the competition the participant agrees that the decision of the judges would be final and binding.
- If any of the three categories have less than ten participants, the organizers may take the decision to combine categories.
- Children with special needs can also participate, provided they understand that they will be judged at the same standards as the others
The application forms can be downloaded from our website: http://asawarimusicfoundation.com