The Indian Songbook will be a compilation of works by composers for classical guitar, each piece of music with an ethnic Indian influence. We invite all composers of nationality or origin from the Indian sub-continent subcontinent to submit to this volume.
The Songbook will consist of 25 pieces of music or 90 minutes of performance time.
The composed work can be for classical guitar solo, classical guitar duo, classical guitar ensemble (or quartet) and classical guitar with an Indian instrument.
There will be a fee for each composition/arrangement based on the duration of the piece. This fee will be per minute of composition. We are offering Rs.1000/- per minute of transcriptions or arrangements and Rs.2000/- per minute of new original compositions.
Johannes Moller (guitarist, composer, GFA winner) will be editorial advisor for the Indian Songbook.
● The submitted work must not have been previously published. However, previously performed compositions will be accepted.
● If the composition is a transcription, it should be out of copyright. The composer is responsible for dealing with all IPR claims of third parties.
● Variations on a theme will be treated as original composition, provided a minimum of 4 variations.
● Minimum length of each composition will be 2 minutes. There is no maximum length of composition.
Who is eligible to submit
All composers of nationality or origin from the Indian subcontinent are eligible to submit to this volume. This includes the SAARC countries of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and the Maldives.
How to submit your work
● It is recommended that you send sheet music for your submission. The part for Indian instrument can be written out in western classical score with sargam underneath the notes.
● Also send along a midi file, audio or video recording of the piece.
● Each composition should be accompanied by text that explains the nature of the Indian (or native) influence of the piece.
● We request that you also send a short bio of your musical career.
● Composers may submit more than one entry.
Email your submissions to: [email protected] with the subject line: “INDIAN SONGBOOK SUBMISSION.”
Sheet music will be accepted as as pdf files, Sibelius, high resolution and clearly legible scanned images of handwritten score. Midi files or audio or video recordings of the solo guitar part will also be accepted. The files can be uploaded to a shared drive or emailed to [email protected]
Submissions may be sent as legible scores with the solo guitar part recorded on CD (audio, video or midi) to our office address: Indian Guitar Federation, 5A&B, 5th Floor, Hastings Chambers, 7C, Kiran Sankar Roy Road, Kolkata 700001, West Bengal, India. (+91 33 22426439/6440/6441)